Started by simonmichael on Mar 23, 2017.
1. I will implement the one-line accounts directive at https://github.com/simonmichael/hledger/issues/523#issuecomment-288658996
2. I will adapt the bs/is/cf commands to use it
3. I will adapt the query language to allow searching by account type
4. I will write documentation and tests
* This issue will take approximately 4 days to finish after funding is completed
High-level commands like balancesheet/incomestatement/cashflow, and more parts of hledger in future, need to know which accounts are assets, liabilities, equity, revenues, and expenses. Until now this has been done with hard-coded anglo-centric account name patterns. We need to support names in other languages.
The current plan is to write account directives for the top-level accounts and define the account type there. Eg:
account aktivum type: A account forpliktelse type: L account aksje type: Q account omsetning type: R account utgift type: E
Ie an account tag named
type, which would also apply to subaccounts.
Can we foresee any usability issues ? Any other ideas ?